Beet and Goat Cheese Arugula Salad
1. When you want to cook beets, use the largest pot you own otherwise you will have red beet juice all over your kitchen.
2. Expect to boil the beets for 5 or 6 hours.
3. If you cut the beets into quarters, it only takes 2-3 hours for them to cook.
4. Allow extra time if the recipe calls for the beets to be roasted after you boil them.
5. Allow even more time if the beets are supposed to be chilled to be used in a salad.
Now that you know what a pain it is to cook beets, Giada did it again!
I usually try to follow a recipe exactly the first time but . . . I used green onions instead of shallots, used pecans instead of walnuts and used kale and romaine not arugula. I skipped the avocado. All substitutions were due to the availability of ingredients in my refrigerator.
Before you ask, the salad was DELICIOUS!!!!!